Please Read This First

In case of an emergency, please call 911 or ambulance or go to the nearest emergency room.

This blog is for information only. Dr. Dave will not respond to comments.

The information you obtain at Brazosdoctors.com or this blog is not and not intended to be a medical advice. You should consult a medical doctor for individual advice regarding your health. The use of the Internet for communications with the doctors will not establish any MD-patient relationship and messages containing confidential information, personal health or emergency should not be sent to the website or the blog.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Lemongrass

I wanted to share how I use this herb on a daily basis.
I have Two plants potted in my yard in ground and two of lemongrass plants potted in nice pots and currently they are in the house because of cold weather season.
Lemongrass is used in Thai foods.
Several years ago while we were traveling to Australia,we were served lemongrass tea.
This was just lemongrass leaves ( which look like blades of grass) and thick stems on the bottom 
Chopped well and warmed up at slow heat for 30 minutes or so.
One can strain it to drink.
Be careful as the leaf surface is sharp of the lemongrass.
In my herbal tea that we drink every morning I let fresh grated ginger,cardamom,mint leaves and lemongrass leaves cut into small pieces added to boiling water with tea leaveson slow heat.I add milk to this and boil again.
It is ready to start my day!
To one cup of water,1/3 to 1/2 a cup of low fat milk is usually plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment